Buy the Album (Right Here, Right Now)
“I just picked up the new Stringrays CD and I can’t stop listening. The joy expressed in this music is inescapable, and all I want to do is dance. For me, this is desert-island stuff. Thanks for the music, guys!”
+$3 flat shipping (no matter how many you order)
worldwide shipping also available
Thank you for supporting our music-making! Please if you have any questions or problems.
If you prefer, you can also pay by check, made out to Max Newman. Please send to Stringrays c/o Max Newman, 7 Silloway St Apt #2, Dorchester Center, MA 02124. The amount is $15 plus $3 flat shipping to US. (Wordwide shipping also available.)
More about the recording
Stringrays’ 2014 self-titled album features the trio — Rodney, Max, & Stuart — on a variety of compositions new and old, including some of Rodney’s as well as a few fiddle showstoppers like the novelty piece “Snake Charmer”.
The music is complemented by Ben Belcher’s lusciously detailed hand-drawn artwork throughout.
- Up South (Scotty Leach) / Holloway (Hilary Dirlam) / Sparkle of Starlight (Rodney Miller)
- East of Ballydesmond Polka No. 1 (Edel Sullivan) / Trip to Dingle (Alan Kelly)
- Maysville / Estill Bingham’s
- Snake Charmer
- Mary Devlin / Rumblestrip (both Sam Bartlett)
- Cruisin’ (Rodney Miller)
- Mattie and Karine’s (Aidan O’Rourke)
- High Level (James Hill) / Archie Menzie’s (John Lowe) / Madame Vanoni (J. Scott Skinner)
- Boithrín Doire (Michael Rooney)
- Rosetta (Earl Hines)
- L’acadienne / Reel du quêteux Tremblay de Aimé Gagnon
- Albert Ross
- Le violon confesseur (Éric Favreau)